Scott and I have been spending my spring break "getting things done." The highlights: applying for credit cards and an apartment, and finding wedding bands.
Credit cards: I hate them. I think that the credit card system is an evil system that preys on people who can't control their spending. But after some discussion, we've decided that in order to survive in this world, we do need credit cards. We've decided that they can be used in a way that doesn't end up in huge amounts of debt. The main reasons for getting credit cards is that I have no credit rating whatsoever in Canada--apparently my student loans from Dordt don't cross the border, and we sometimes need them to book plane tickets, etc. They make me nervous, those credit cards, they do.
Apartment: we have been scouting out buildings lately, and have settled on one that's close to both of Scott's works, and to UCFV (the University College of the Fraser Valley) where he'll most likely be going to school next year. One of my friends is giving up her one-bedroom in this building, and we took at look at it this past week. We like it a lot. Even though it's only one bedroom, it's still fairly spacious. And it has underground parking and in-suite laundry. We'll hand in our application on Monday. Hopefully we'll get it.
Wedding bands: I don't feel like describing them. But we like them and they're affordable. You'll just have to come to our wedding to see them.
Now it's time to do something productive.
3 comments:
underground parking? in-suite laundry???? those are true luxuries.
underground parking... that would be really nice up here.
i thought scott was going to trinity western?
did you cut your hair? inquiring minds want to know (including mudge, he asks me every day if you've cut your hair)
no I haven't cut my hair. yet. Actually, I don't think I will. Who's mudge?
Scott will probably go to UCFV for the first year to save money. Ah money.
Post a Comment