- first: I have a job for the fall! It's only until Thanksgiving, but I feel confident that I'll be able to find something else to finish out the year. Or I'll just continue on with my plan of being a substitute teacher. I'll be teaching grades 1, 3, and 4 in a tiny little school in Rock Valley (which is about 15 minutes away from Sioux Center.)
- second: we have a place to live! We just looked at and put a deposit on a little two bedroom house to rent today. It's a very reasonable price, and within walking distance of Scott's school, our church, the library, the grocery store . . . and any other place we might want to walk. We take posession on July 29. I'm excited to finally unpack all of our stuff.
- third: Scott has a job! Matt, who runs the coffee shop on campus, offered to hire Scott for a workstudy job in the fall. That's also exciting.
We mourned last week with Scott's family as his grandfather passed away on Monday. It was a sad, but good time with family.
And, tomorrow, we head back to the homeland! Winnipeg, here we come!
1 comment:
that's good news.
Isn't it "Scott and ME" in the first sentence??
Post a Comment