Friday, October 24, 2008

tv

Scott went to a philosophy club meeting last night.  He told me that there were only about five people there.  The other people didn't come because it was the premiere of "The Office".  Hmmm.  Not sure what to think about that.  Is there something wrong when people skip things in real life for something virtual?  Watching tv comes before interaction with other people?   Especially since there will undoubtably be re-runs, it will come out on DVD, and you can even stream it online.  Hmmm.  We don't get tv, so it's easy for me to talk.  Or write, I guess.

In other news, the election will be over soon, thank goodness.  That's about all I have to say about that, except for the fact that Canada quietly had an election a little while ago.  Isn't it nice how quick and painless it is?  Harper won, but didn't get a majority government, which, as I understand it, was the reason that he called the election.  Somewhat ironic, that.

My plans for today, the first Friday that I've had off for a couple weeks:
  • clean the house (maybe I'll remember to take pictures--sorry Steph, it always slips my mind when the house is clean, and I never want to put picture of a messy house on the internet.  Echos of my beppe, I guess.)
  • write report cards--they're due on Wednesday.  Somehow writing seven report cards doesn't seem like a big deal.  Compared to the 85-100 that I had to write at my old job, at least.
  • finish up other school-related things, including filling out some more paper work to sub at some local schools
  • start planning an Ethiopian feast.  Who wants to come over for some delicious finger food?
that's all, folks.

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

i'd come eat that. nathan makes really good naan... talk to him about it.

sarah said...

your blog looks like a big grape.

Margaret said...

I know. I'll change it. I was trying to put a picture in the header, and then it was taking a long time, so I got distracted with something else. I apologize to your eyes.

sarah said...

why did you change it??! I love grapes (and wine)!

Margaret said...

I love grapes (and wine), too. But I don't really want my blog to look like one.