Yesterday, while I navigated my newly acquired, used to be my parents car up and down the mountains and down into Seattle while Dad sat beside me and tried not to look nervous, I felt like I was coming home. I really don't understand why you would want to live anywhere else. There are mountains and eternal greenness, and the ocean, and the city. Everything you could ever imagine you might want in a place to live. Except yesterday when we were turning onto a street, someone saw our Iowa license plate and yelled, "go home." I said, "we are home." I guess Canadians can be kind of stupid too.
So I'm here. I got up at 4:30 this morning to bring Dad to the airport. It went well--I think I'm getting the hang of driving in this city. Last night Dad and I drove to school and back so that tomorrow morning I'll know the way. I unpacked everything (which isn't much) this morning. So it feels like home here. Went to church this morning and was introduced to a million people. Ah yes, the CRC.
I have a prayer request too. Gerry Voogd, our family's old friend (I'm staying with the Voogds here) has cancer. I think he's in remission, but he got pneumonia this past week. So he's not feeling very well.
I hope you are all well in your places.
3 comments:
keep writing Margo!
Margaret,
Glad to hear that you made it. Jealous of the greenery and mountains...
Everything feels strange here--the house is so quiet. I rearranged a lot of things and when I was moving your bed, I discovered a cricket living under it! He was quite fat and content there. He told me to say hi to you, and then I vacuumed him up. heh heh
Best of luck there--kick some student ass.
Love Sarah
i think i'm jealous of the beauty you get to live in...that's all i have to say about that
Post a Comment