It's a beautiful thing: twenty some grade eleven students quietly absorbed in reading for over 45 minutes. Today went well. There is one student who seems to need to get attention by making loud comments about everything. I ignored him. I'm glad to finally start taking charge. I have an elaborate plan for next week to dress up like Fatima, one of Muhammad's daughters, and tell the story of how the Shi'ites split off from the rest of from the Sunnis. We're reading The Kite Runner, which is set in Afghanistan. So hopefully I can pull that one off.
There was a fire in a bog (ironic, eh--a fire in the wetlands?) around here for the beginning part of this week, so the air was constantly full of smoke and ash. I think they must have it under control now, but at one point the fire covered 70 hectares.
That's it. I'll hopefully have something interesting to write after we visit the monastery on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment