Monday, September 25, 2006

movie

We're watching "Freaky Friday" tomorrow in hum. Mostly because that's what the teachers before me did. But I think that we can squeeze some educational value from it. The theme of the year is change . . . . So that applies, right? Acutally, I think it gives us an excellent opportunity to talk about developing/static characters.

I was all on the ball today, and signed out the tv to my class for tomorrow and Wednesday, and then was going to bring it to my room so that it would be all ready for the morning, only to find that the tv wouldn't fit through the door! My class room is part of one of the older additions to the school, and the door frames are lower. Grrrr. So then followed 45 minutes of me searching for a tv that: a) had a dvd player (some of them still have laser discs--who uses laser discs?) b) fit through the door frame to my class room and c)fit the above requirements and was not being used tomorrow or Wednesday when I need it. I finally made a deal with the math teacher to switch classrooms tomorrow. Sheesh. This school and technology don't go well together.

1 comment:

Dane said...

i think it was divine providence saying that you shouldn't watch Freaky Friday!