Several conversations I've had with different people have found me reminiscing about being in Cairo. It's strange how something that was so huge in my life can get pushed to the side. But then when I call up a few memories, others came tumbling back. Like how the tourist police didn't want to let us drive our bus to the airport when we were trying to come back to the states. Not because they didn't want us to leave, but because one of them was on a power trip and they supposedly didn't have enough guards with them to escort us to the airport. It would have been frightening if we hadn't known that their guns are certainly not loaded, and they probably have no idea how to use them (although that could be dangerous, as well.) I was telling my Sunday school kids about hiking up Mount Sinai today. And the camels with their slipper feet! Ahhh.
It's been another nice long weekend. We had Friday off because we had parent-teacher conferences after school for two days last week. It was good to have that day. I feel like I'm finally back in a sane mental place again.
Ummm. We have to go to the "Hillside Huddle" in a few minutes. It's our congregational meeting, but with a fancy name. We're supposed to bring wine and/or chocolates. Don't worry, there will be no debauchery.
bye
1 comment:
What a great format for a congregational meeting! Love it.
Post a Comment