Tuesday, May 27, 2008

sports day

I ran a 4x400m relay today.  I also ran a 400m race against some grade 10 girls.  I got last place, but only by a few feet.  It was sports day today.  And a pretty fun day, at that.  Although I'm exhausted, now.  It was good to compete today.  There's a feeling--it's hard to describe--when you compete against other people.  It's a vivid experience.  I'm trying to think of a simile that's not cliche.  Maybe visceral is a good word.  It was good.  My team almost won the relay, but one of the p.e. teachers is waaaaay faster than me.  A good day, it was.

I'm having trouble seeing what I'm supposed to do with my life next year.  The experience I've always had with decision making is that a way will open up--in an almost divine way--and that is the way that I'm supposed to take.  I believe that a way will open up for me for next year, but so far that way hasn't opened yet.  The job I referred to earlier was given to someone else.  That's fine--I didn't have my heart set on it anyway--but it seemed like it might possibly be the direction that I was supposed to walk next year.  That option is closed now, and I'm not sure what I should pursue next.  

That's ten.


No comments: