Monday, October 10, 2005

thanksgiving with the canucks

Today is Thanksgiving day here. The Voogds are at church and I'm being a deviant adopted granddaughter by staying home. Actually, I forgot that there would be church and got up at 9:45--too late to go to church at 10:00. We had a big old bash yesterday with 14 people around the dinner table. One of the things I love about living here is that I get to interact with people from so many different generations. The Voogds have their old people friends--who can be fun to talk to and get to know--and they're also very welcoming of my friends and acquaintances that I've gotten to know in the past month. So pretty often it's old and young mixed together. Like a salad.

Tomorrow is my third last day at Fraser Valley. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet--I haven't quite processed it. Dennis will come visit one last time in my writing class, and then we will begin the phasing out of Miss Den Boer--the teacher they will all look back on fondly--from Fraser Valley Christian High School. That's a really long name for a school. It must be annoying to write in the little itty bitty blank they give you on all manner of forms you might have to fill out.

Tomorrow mom arrives!

Coming soon: a link to Sara P's newly created blog!

4 comments:

Gabriel Florit said...

keep writing! it's fun to read. i've come to the conclusion that if you're a decent writer, you can make anything sound interesting. not that what you're doing isn't anything, but rather that I won't be writing much... see, this whole paragraph proves my point. investors are coming and going today, so no ping-pong ball fights.. hmm. boring.

Margaret said...

thanks Gabe! I have a warm fuzzy feeling inside now. Ping-pong ball fights, eh? So what do you do at that job of yours?

Gabriel Florit said...

ahm, sometimes a lot, sometimes not much, but always something interesting. right now there's nothing to be done, so i'm catching up on the complex art of exception handling. blah blah blah but it's useful stuff. and someone is watching hockey across the room.

r.c.f. said...

hey margo. i see you found my blog. that was quick. enjoy your last few days of school. see you in a few days? yeah? ok.