Scott just called to say that he left Surrey late and traffic is taking its time, so he'll be a while. I don't feel the desire to do any serious work, so I'll leave a post here to pass the time.
Today is a busy day:
5:00 am--get up and finish preparing for the day
7:11 am--leave for school
8:12 am to 2:45 pm--school (teaching, planning, marking)
3:10 pm-4:25 pm--staff meeting
Whenever Scott arrives: go to gym
6:00 pm meet with our new landlady
Whenever we finish with the landlady: go home, eat supper, and plan for tomorrow.
I can do it!
In other news, I just read the news story about the shooting at Virginia State. Crazy. My brother lives in Virginia. But in Virginia Beach. You're okay, right John? Reminds me of the lock down drill we had about a month ago. The students had trouble taking it seriously. And then they were obsessed with the fact that our classroom doors have windows that could easily be smashed in order to get in the room. Some of the boys claimed that they wouldn't just hide in the classroom, they'd go and fight. With what?
Sometimes I'm amazed about the disconnect between orthopraxy and orthodoxy. This is my main question for my students: how does the fact that you are a Christian affect your decisions? In every circumstance?
I think I'd better get some work done--Scott isn't here yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment